Programs-to-Courses Update: Fall, FY 2015
Course Conversion Workshops Scheduled for Fall 2014 - Spring 2015
The Ohio Department of Education Office of Career-Technical Education has asked the Ohio College Tech Prep Regional Centers for their continued assistance in implementing the Tech Prep Program of Study course transition initiative begun in 2013-2014.
To facilitate this process, the Northeast Regional Center is pleased to host a series of hands-on conversion-to-courses workshops during the 2014-2015 academic year.
These sessions are designed to familiarize Tech Prep educators with the course conversion and Program of Study preparation and submission processes and to introduce the course listings and course descriptions for their Career Fields. Workshops will be facilitated by ODE Career Field Consultants.
Sessions will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and will end at 12:00 noon. Pre-registration is required, and seating is limited.
The workshop schedule is as follows:
Friday, October 10, 2014: CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGIES (at Polaris Career Center)
Friday, October 10, 2014: LAW AND PUBLIC SAFETY (at Polaris Career Center)
Friday, November 14, 2014: BUSINESS AND ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES; FINANCE (at Cuyahoga Valley Career Center)
Friday, December 5, 2014: HEALTH TECHNOLOGIES (at Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County)
Friday, December 12, 2014: TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS (at Educational Service Center of Cuyahoga County)
Friday, April 17, 2014: ARTS AND COMMUNICATION (at Polaris Career Center)
Friday, April 17, 2014: MARKETING (at Polaris Career Center)
For complete workshop information, click here. To register online, click here.
Program of Study "How to"
NOTE: The ODE Career Technical Education CTE-26 web page features a comprehensive, easy-to-follow instruction guide/technical manual for the preparation and submission of 2016 Programs of Study. Click here to access this document.
A brief overview of the process appears below.
- Choose a Program of Study (POS) from your regional partner's site, then download and save the PDF file.
- The first page of the application provides you with several options (note that some applications may be pre-populated for you). When you click on an option, the required fields for that option will be displayed for you to complete.
- Step 1. Select the type of pathway programming the district will deliver.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) - NOTE: Select this option for all CTE26 submissions.
- Job Training Coordination (JTC) or Career Based Intervention (CBI)
- Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) or Graduation, Reality and Dual-Role Skills (GRADS)
- Step 2. Select if you will be delivering CTE courses at the middle level grades (7-8).
- Step 3. Select the primary type of post-secondary partnership the district will use in the Program of Study.
- Secondary to 2 Year Degree (Associates)
- Secondary to 4 Year Degree (Baccalaureate)
- Adult Technical Training/Short and Long Term Certificates
- Complete the CTE26 application and 2015-2016 Program of Study. Obtain secondary sign-off on the CTE26/POS Assurance page.
- Send the completed CTE26 application, with signatures, to your Tech Prep office. The Tech Prep office will obtain the signature of the College President or designee. Once post-secondary sign-off is received, the CTE26 application will be returned to you.
- Submit the completed CTE26 application to the Ohio Department of Education.
- Have questions? Need local or ODE assistance? Call your Tech Prep Office.
- Cuyahoga Community College Tech Prep 216.987.4987
- Lakeland Community College Tech Prep 440.525.7235
- Lorain County Community College Tech Prep 440.366.7625