2014-2015 Program of Study "How to"
NOTE: The ODE Career Technical Education CTE-26 web page features a comprehensive, easy-to-follow instruction guide/technical manual for the preparation and submission of 2015 Programs of Study. Click here to access this document.
A brief overview of the process appears below.
- Choose a Program of Study (POS) from your regional partner's site, then download and save the PDF file.
- The first page of the application provides you with several options (note that some applications may be pre-populated for you). When you click on an option, the required fields for that option will be displayed for you to complete.
- Step 1. Select the type of pathway programming the district will deliver.
- Workforce Development (WFD) - NOTE: Select this option for all CTE26 submissions.
- Job Training Coordination (JTC) or Career Based Intervention (CBI)
- Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) or Graduation, Reality and Dual-Role Skills (GRADS)
- Step 2. Select if you will be delivering CTE courses at the middle level grades (6-8).
- Step 3. Select the primary type of post-secondary partnership the district will use in the Program of Study.
- Secondary to 2 Year Degree (Associates)
- Secondary to 4 Year Degree (Baccalaureate)
- Adult Technical Training/Short and Long Term Certificates
- Complete the CTE26 application and 2014-2015 Program of Study. Obtain secondary sign-off on the CTE26/POS Assurance page.
- Send the completed CTE26 application, with signatures, to your Tech Prep office. The Tech Prep office will obtain the signature of the College President or designee. Once post-secondary sign-off is received, the CTE26 application will be returned to you.
- Submit the completed CTE26 application to the Ohio Department of Education.
- Have questions? Need local or ODE assistance? Call your Tech Prep Office.
- Cuyahoga Community College Tech Prep 216.987.4987
- Lakeland Community College Tech Prep 440.525.7235
- Lorain County Community College Tech Prep 440.366.4846